Pro • ac • tive [prōh-ak-tive] -adjective
Serving to prepare for, intervene in, or control an expected occurrence or situation, esp. a negative or difficult one; anticipatory: proactive measures to save tax.
If you run your own business or manage investments, you rely on information. Information on products, markets, and customers. Information to make money. And information to keep money.
You rely on your accountant for some of your most important information. But what does your accountant actually do with that information?
At tax time, your books tell your accountant how much tax you owe. You scramble for more receipts and more deductions. But by tax time, it’s usually too late to do anything more.
Most accountants do a fine job recording history – the history you give them! They compile monthly, quarterly, and annual books and records. At tax time, they put the “right” numbers in the right boxes on the right forms, and file them by the right deadlines. But then they call it a day.
Is that all you really want?
Here’s How to Beat the IRS. Legally!
To minimize your taxes, you need a plan. You need concepts and strategies that leave more on your bottom line, without raising “red flags” or straying into “gray areas.”
It doesn’t matter how good your current accountant is with a stack of receipts on April 15. If you haven’t planned right, by April 15 it’s just too late.
Have you organized your business right? Do you have the right benefit plans for yourself and your employees? Do you have the right retirement plan to prepare for your future? Are you taking advantage of all the legitimate deductions, credits, loopholes, and strategies the tax code offers?
We partner with business owners and investors throughout Hawaii. We have the experience -- and more important, the proactive attitude -- to give you more than just a history lesson.
At Smart Tax & Business Solutions, Inc. we believe ProActive tax planning is the key to keeping more of what you make. ProActive tax planning means scouring your income and expenses for every available deduction, credit, loophole, and opportunity. And without "aggressive" strategies, "gray areas" or "red flags."
Personalized Proactive Tax Strategy ~ How it works:
- You start with a brief interview with a Client Consultant. We want to hear about where you are now, and where you want to be. We'll ask a few easy questions about your current situation and from that determine the best Proactive Tax Strategy program for you.
- You'll complete our brief Tax Questionnaire. This is where you tell us your financial, business and investment goals and where your money currently goes. We'll need copies of your past tax return and a little information on each business entity (S Corporation, LLC, Limited Partnership, etc.) that you currently have set up. It's all in the Tax Questionnaire and we're here to help you if you have more questions. The more information you give us, the better job we'll do.
- Your personal strategist reviews your information and develops a comprehensive Proactive Tax Strategy. This process typically takes two weeks so we can research your best possible options. This is the stage where the cool things happen! In fact, the average saving for a taxpayer as a result of their Tax Strategy plan was over $14,000 per year!
- You'll talk with your personal CPA or EA Strategist to review the details of your plan and to get your feedback. Typically, this meeting lasts about an hour. It's so packed with information, though, that we write up your customized strategy so you won't miss a thing!
- You'll get a written strategy plan, along with information on all available deductions, credits, loopholes, and strategies.
- About three weeks after the strategy meeting, you can have a second follow-up phone call with your Strategist to cover the details of the first meeting again or to go through new questions you've uncovered.
Contact us to schedule your free analysis. We'll identify the mistakes and missed opportunities that may be costing you thousands of dollars per year, then show you how to craft a plan to cure them.